Bonnie is consistently a top performer, supporter and contributor to Arkansas Masters Swimming. This past year, she had outstanding accomplishments which are listed below. She is truly worthy to be awarded as the Arkansas Swimmer of Year. Bonnie connects with people one and one, is an effective motivator, and brings high energy to anything in which she is involved.
-Vice Chair for Arkansas Masters LMCS (6 years)
–Arkansas state record holder in 9 events
-Owner and operator of Swim Oz, the largest USMS club in the State of Arkansas
-USMS level 2 certification coach
– Owner and operator of The Joys of Swimming which promotes swimming and water safety. The outreach program for local public schools touched 10,000 students this past year.
– Teaches adult swim lessons
– Meet Director for Oz Mile, the largest open water race in the Mid-West
– Oversaw and promoted the only open water sanctioned event in AR
– Offered weekly open water swims to the Masters community in NWA – accommodated over 100 individual swimmers
– Encouraged and helped certify 5 new level 1 coaches
– Conducted quarterly stroke clinics open to the adult swimming public, but focused primarily on master swimmers
– Coached the Haas Hall Swim Team
– Took a group of Masters Swimmers to the South Africa MIdmar MIle Open Water Swimmer.
– Coached the NWA Special Olympics Team at the Jones Center, encouraging special needs team members to participate in Masters swimming and building a diverse team
– Participant in the USMS Relay Summit
– Participant and attendee at the USMS National Open Water Sprint Event in Cleveland, OH
– Participated in the Master Short Course Championship in San Antonio, TX
with 3 top ten finishes, 4th in 200 Back, 6th in 100 Back, 8th in the 50 Fly and 17th in the 50 Free
-Holds top 10 times for 100 and 200 backstroke
Another nomination stated:
“I nominate Bonnie Adams for Swimmer of the Year. Bonnie is always warm and welcoming, going out of her way to speak to fellow Arkansas Masters swimmers. It doesn’t matter if it’s a masters swim function or not, she’s there with a smile and a quick hello. She has also put a lot of work into the OZ Mile open water swim. The event brought in swimmers from around the country and is going a long way towards making Arkansas a destination for open water swimming. Ultimately Bonnie is a great representative of Masters Swimming and is making strides to grow the love of the sport in the area.”
Please join me in congratulating Bonnie!
Leave a Reply