Arkansas Masters Swimming recognizes that the key to a successful Masters Program is a qualified and passionate coach. To that end, the Arkansas Masters LMSC would like to encourage current and potential coaches to become certified through USMS by offering grants up to $500 to cover expenses for coach certification classes.
In addition, we will offer grants up to $250 to cover expenses for an individual to attend an Adult Learn to Swim certification classes.
The list of upcoming course locations and dates for coaching certification can be found here on the USMS website:
More details regarding coach certification can be found here:
This list of upcoming course locations and dates for Adult Learn To Swim certification can be found here on the USMS website: https://www.usms.org/alts-central/alts-instructor-certification/alts-instructor-course-schedule
What is funded?
Any ARKM registered master swimmer can apply to the Arkansas Masters Swimming LMSC for funds to cover the following for a Level 1/2 Coach Certification Course or Adult Learn to Swim course.
- Registration fee
Total allowed per individual is $500 (or $250 for ALTS) to cover the above expenses.
How does it work?
Step 1: Request the funds
If you’re interested in applying for funds send Byron Shefchik (email@example.com) an email and include the following information:
- Your name
- Your phone#
- Your email address
- Your USMS registration number
- Current Certification level (if any)
- Your coaching experience (if any)
- Description of the program that you coach
- Total number of swimmers in your current program that are USMS registered
- Description of your USMS involvement
- Description of how you would use the skills earned at this class to further the goals of Arkansas Masters Swimming
- Total amount of funding that you are requesting
Byron will let you know if funds will be available to you within 10 days.
Step 2: Send proof of completion
After your class, send Byron a copy of your Certificate of Completion so funds can be released to you.