Arkansas Masters Swimming recognizes that the key to a successful Masters Program is a qualified and passionate coach. To that end, the Arkansas Masters LMSC would like to encourage current and potential coaches to become certified through USMS by offering grants up to $500 to cover expenses for coach certification classes.
The list of upcoming course locations and dates can be found here on the USMS website:
More details regarding coach certification can be found here:
What is funded?
Any ARKM registered master swimmer can apply to the Arkansas Masters Swimming LMSC for funds to cover the following for a Level 1/2 Coach Certification Course.
- Registration fee
Total allowed per individual is $500 to cover the above expenses.
How does it work?
Step 1: Request the funds
If you’re interested in applying for funds send Carie O’Banion (email@example.com) an email and include the following information:
- Your name
- Your phone#
- Your email address
- Your USMS registration number
- Current Certification level (if any)
- Your coaching experience (if any)
- Description of the program that you coach
- Total number of swimmers in your current program that are USMS registered
- Description of your USMS involvement
- Description of how you would use the skills earned at this class to further the goals of Arkansas Masters Swimming
- Total amount of funding that you are requesting
Carie will let you know if funds will be available to you within 10 days.
Step 2: Send proof of completion
After your class, send Carie a copy of your Certificate of Completion so she can release funds to you (send you a check).