Arkansas Masters Swimming would like to ensure a robust event calendar and effective communication of events to all our members. Towards that end, we are offering grants up to $100 for events that are held to promote and encourage masters swimming across the state.
Two types of events are eligible for these grants:
- Sanctioned Events – If your event will be sanctioned, please fill out the proper USMS Sanction Application and submit it electronically no less than 30 days prior to the event. Contact our Sanctions Chair, Byron Shefchik, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
- Board Approved Events – All other events will fall into this category, and the event coordinator should complete the request form below and submit it electronically no less than 30 days prior to the event.
What is funded?
- Food items
- Stipends for Officials
- Promotional or giveaway items
Total allowed per event is $100 to cover the above expenses.
How does it work?
Step 1: Inform us of the event
Let us know about your event and your request for funds. Send an email to Carie O’Banion, email@example.com, and include the following information:
- Event coordinator’s name, email, and cell phone#
- Event coordinator’s USMS#
- Event description
- Event date, time, and location
- Anticipated number of swimmers involved
- Event website or marketing material
- Total amount of funding that you are requesting
Carie will let you know if fund are available to you within 10 days.
Step 2: Send proof of completion
After the event, please send documentation that you have completed the event (photos, results, etc.) so that Carie can release funds to you.